Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Jezebel Got A Bad Rap!

Finally we get a REAL Oregon winter! The National Weather Service has issued an urban flood watch for Portland until 2:00 pm. Basic recipe for flooding: Take all the leaves that were dumped by a windstorm we had in the last few days, mix with the couple of inches of rain we're due to get in the coming hours and voila! Plugged storm drains and lovely urban pondscapes. Traffic, however sucks. But c'est la vie! Curt had the nerve to call to ask if I'd seen the snow on my way in. He must be delusional - nothing here but liquid wonderland. If there's any white stuff it's melting on the way down. His new office must be at a slightly higher elevation or something.

I got an interesting blast from the past this morning. My old flame & tormented Baptist fuck-buddy T. emailed from out of the blue to see if I'd tied the knot yet. I hear from him maybe once a year when he comes to town, works up enough courage to give me a booty call - the concept of which goes against all of his oh-so-earnest religious beliefs until he gets horny enough to develop some kind of justification that allows it. I really tried to convince him there was no shame in goold old honest, no strings attached sex but I couldn't quite overcome the logic of his minister. For a brief time before he moved away I deluded myself into thinking there might be hope for a real relationship, until he'd show up again out of the blue to get his obligatory shot off and inform me of his inability to develop a healthy relationship with whatever "good Christian woman" he'd attempted to date (with the intention of abstaining until marriage) after the last time guilt had catapulted him from my bed back to Sunday services. Sorry old chum but you're out of luck. I was done playing your Jezebel a long, long time ago.

Speaking of Jezebel - here's an interesting revisionist version of her story along the lines of
The Red Tent