Thursday, January 15, 2004

Countdown to Clarity

It is now less than 24 hours to my Lasik surgery!!! The pre-op exam went well, though I wasn't expecting to be dilated and it's taken me several hours to quit looking like someone strung out on crack (I'm assuming, of course that crack addicts have dilated pupils - I swear I saw it on ER once). The only not-so-good thing is I apparently have over-large pupils that dilate out to 7 mm, which happens to be the *exact* maximum covered area the cheaper Nidek laser can handle. The other option, the VisX is of course more expensive ($799/eye) but it can go up to a whopping 8 mm.... which would reduce my risk of developing problems with my night vision. So the question of the day: Is the increased risk worth an extra $300 per eye? I've done a little more research and I think so.

That will leave me $400 in my flex plan to pay for the non-covered portion of a root canal, which I am in desperate need of. So far I've taken 3 aspirin and 2 ibuprofen today and it's barely dulling the pain. In fact, fuck it - I'm calling for an appointment to get it done ASAP and see if the dentist will give me an Rx for Vicodin or something in the meantime. I'm sick of popping so many damned OTC pills and if I *do* get pregnant, I won't be able to at all.. Damn! How am I going to deal with not being able to take my sinus meds? Guess I'll just have to go see my aunt's acupuncturist dude. She says he manages her sinus problems using acupressure.

I bought this cool History of Portland book the other day with the gift cert. my father in law gave me for Christmas. I'm only through the first chapter and I'm already learning all kinds of fascinating trivia I can now wow Pop's side of the family with. Like why the streets on the north side of town run diagonal to those on the souht side. We're a bunch of annoying as hell historical know-it-alls is what we are... And come next Thanksgiving I shall be the queen! Bwahahaha!!

No comments: