Thursday, April 01, 2004

What the hell *is* a Scuzzy drive, anyway?

**8/31/09 Update: For those of you reaching this post via a search of "scuzzy drive" - I can now tell you it's actually "SCSI" - a set of standards for physically connecting and transferring data between computers and peripheral devices .

Note to self: please remember to look for and call the nice people at the Oregon Unemployment Office who finally sent you a job referral 4 weeks after you’d gotten a job and quit claiming benefits to advise them of your change in status.

Also, please remember to check the mirror a little harder before heading out to work in the morning. For cripe’s sake the other day your shirt was inside out and today, it’s stained. I can’t believe your husband lets you walk out the door like that!

Apparently impressed with my fanatical knowledge of early 80’s sci-fi shows, my new co-workers have insisted I take this Geek Test. Apparently, I outscored them with 29.6%, which makes me a “Total Geek”. But I still don’t know what the hell a scuzzy drive is.

We got a visit from the cutest pair of ducks the other day. The female sat her ass down right in front of our door - I was worried for awhile she'd build a nest there and block my quick escape route to the river trail. But no, they apparently didn't like our menu selection of hard, dried cereal which D. provided them with so they moved on to mooch elsewhere.

No comments: