Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Something fun

I know I've been a bit heavy on the politics lately.

So, to make amends I offer this fun little bit of brain candy as a distraction. Experience the Wheel of Reincarnation (thanks to Going Dutch).

Curt, I'm sure is a bit annoyed that I'm letting them "get" to me. His philosophy is, if you can't change anything why let it affect your peace of mind? But that's where we're different. I never underestimate my power to effect change. I know I *can* make a difference, even a small one. I think he's accepted that until the election, I'm going to be more than a little obsessed with politics. Then, if Kerry wins I'll be thrilled and able to go about my boring daily life again, confident that the country is in good hands. If Bush wins, though - it might just get worse. After a suitable mourning period I may feel the need to get even more active, in order to counter what will surely be 4 more years of Hell (and emigration to Canada isn't really an option). Bush will move forward with even *more* of his idiotic policies under the impression that this time around, he was actually given a moral mandate by voters.

No comments: