Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Lazy Day News Roundup

Once again Flea (and then her readers – the comments are the best part) proves my life is an anecdotal wasteland. I should remember the old Chinese curse, however: “may you live in interesting times”.

Another study that apparently proves there is a genetic component to the female orgasm ). I’m not sure yet how this will be spun in the ongoing debate over whether or not the female orgasm is an evolutionary selection or pleasant byproduct (and the bigger debate of “the only reason that question keeps surfacing is because men are looking for a way to trivialize women’s sexual pleasure”)*

And finally, the tragic results when you combine stupid, scared kids; inadequate access to birth control and comprehensive sex ed and ruthless fetal protection laws: 19 Yr old gets life for helping girlfriend induce miscarriage. I got into this with a coworker yesterday who sees no ethical difference between this and a medically provided abortion. I don't know why we're so worried about back-alley abortions. Clearly, today's "Do It Yourself" mentality is taking care of that....

*I can’t put my finger on any links regarding these recurring issues, at the moment but if I do I’ll post ‘em.

No comments: