Friday, December 11, 2009

Blow Your Own Glass Ornaments


This opportunity was highlighted on a local news station today - Blow your Own Glass Christmas Ornaments at Elements Glass Studio in NW Portland. $5 of the $38 cost per ornament goes to the Oregon Food Bank. Call and make an appointment for a large group of family & friends.  I'll add this to the "Happy Heathen Holidays" idea bag. 

If DIY isn't quite your cup of tea but you like the idea of custom handblown glass ornaments, don't forget the artisans at Portland Saturday Market!  Open Sat/ Sun in Old Town, and the tried and true "Festival of the Last Minute" the entire week of Dec. 17 - Dec 24.  I can't tell you how many times I've done my last minute gift shopping there.  This year, Cinnamon Bear will be handing out yummy cinnamon bear cookies to all the good little girls and boys he finds at the market. 


I do love supporting local artisans.  Also? Folks on the other side of the world.  Yesterday I helped a woman in Azerbaijan buy a cow through micro-lending at Kiva.org.

No comments: