Friday, February 27, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me...

What a great birthday present! That's right, I finally got myself a job offer yesterday. I'm thrilled - especially as I'll be making quite a bit more $$ than my previous job, and doing about the same thing. The office is down overlooking the river, almost to downtown. So the commute is easy. Good stable company - they're publically traded and have been in business for 15 years at least. They do Human Resource outsourcing - everything from temp and employment placing to "PEO" (still not sure what that stands for) which is where they 'co-employ' a client's employees and take over everything from payroll to worker's comp to benefits management. They've got about 45 branches - mostly on the West Coast but a dozen or so on the East Coast as well.

Third interview's a charm, I guess! I was pretty proud of myself - I asked for $2k more than I really wanted to sart and they offered me exactly what I was shooting for. I start on Tuesday. But now the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome's setting in - you know, the feeling that there's gotta be something wrong with them if they want to hire me?

No comments: