Monday, May 17, 2004

Is it time to go home yet?

Back at work today, though I don’t know for how long. It feels like someone is wielding a rock hammer right between my eyes, and a little of the nausea has come back. Once they pulled the packing out on Friday (a most unpleasant experience that unfortunately embodied every one of my Total Recall nightmares) I was able to breathe a little through my nose, and by Sat could actually sleep. And sleep. And still want to sleep some more. Cleo fulfilled her duties as nursecat admirably – quietly lying on my tummy emitting soothing lullaby purrs to keep me abed. She somehow managed to draft Jinx into taking up a semi-permanent post at my feet, too – temporarily suspending all thoughts of flying nylon ducks that typically occupy our wonderpuppy’s cognitive existence.

No comments: