Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bad Blogger. Very bad blogger. Work's gotten very busy lately though so I don't have the time to slack off like I used to. And what with the Critter's newfound mobility, I have less time at home. Then there's the house hunting and endless searches of real estate listings and school district reports. Yes, we at Casa du RiverRocks are contemplating a move. My office is moving north of the River to Vancouver, WA within 6 months or so. We've pretty much decided to move too. Our diminuitive 2 bed 1 bath abode was satisfactory when it was just the two of us, 3 mostly outside cats and the dog. With the arrival of the Critter (and more to the point, his high chair, toys, carseat, stroller, diaper bags, and most importantly - visitors ) it's just too small.

And house prices on this side of the border are outrageous. Those up there - not *quite* so bad. And we'd save on my income taxes, besides. So contemplating the move has about squeezed out any other logical thought in my head lately (it can only hold so much). Where, exactly should we move (I know little about Vancouver neighborhoods/schools)? What kind of a house? Older, newer? And most critical - how much do we want to spend?

Julia's got a timely post today that reminds me to sign the Critter up for baby & parent swim lessons at our gym next month. I can't wait. I really don't want him trying to learn when he's older and has developed fears/water phobias. I just want him to always remember being in the water and swimming. I think he'll love it. Since we graduated from the sink bath to sharing a bath with Mommy he comes crawling in as soon as he hears me getting in and drawing the water. My heart about melts when I see his two little hands reaching over the sill to try to pull himself up & over and climb in. It's about all I can do to get him stripped before he starts splashing around playing with his bath toys.


************************************************************
Random Thoughts for the Day:

How soon do you think before they create a 6th Category for MEGA Monster hurricanes? Each one gets badder than the one before. And how sick do you think folks in Florida and the Gulf are going to get of packing up and hightailing for the high country every other week before they pack up and move for good and wreak havoc on the population distribution of the national electoral map? If we're really re-entering a cycle of increased hurrican activity, evacuations are going to become the norm rather than the exception.

Also Action Alert - let Target know you won't stand for their allowing their pharmacists to deny filling emergency B/C prescriptions.

No comments: