Tuesday, November 11, 2003

We're being Invaded by Masked Bandits!

The case of the disappearing post. Let's try this a 2nd time.

I've been much more productive lately at work. It helps that Timmy's got our new superfast terminal server up finally so I can actually DO something from home. For some reason I'm feeling much more motivated - could be the insecurity with Curt's job is making me really, really grateful for mine? Ya think? It is a pretty sweet job all things considered - even the money. I get to do what I enjoy and feel good about the company and service we provide. Ann tells me Stan's long term plan is to turn it into an ESOP which would be nice, and not go public. I've kind of been missing old D&B lately and working in an employee-owned shop would feel good again.

Curt was planning to stick it out at Aegis until the first of the year. His boss is really helping him so he doesn't get fired, but now they're yanking the self-generated leads commission and that's kind of the last straw. He's going to have lunch with a mortgage broker who really wants to hire him but they don't have benes or a base salary, which is troubling. But the commissions would be much, much better and their market isn't so pigeonholed so he'd likely be much more successful.

So I've apparently adopted a few more critters than I'd intended to. The family of raccoons that live in the neighbor's tall fir tree stand has finally gotten up the guts to brave the kitty door. It may just be one of 'em, I can't tell from the muddy little paw prints they're leaving on the dryer. I knew I was starting something when they began showing up to share the alfresco meals I was leaving for Jack in the carport last winter. Now that he's coming in to eat, I guess they think they can to!

As long as they're being respectful guests and not destroying things or eating ALL of our cat food, I'm trying not to be too concerned. It's just hard to get over the thought of there being WILD ANIMALS coming into my house. Curt, on the other hand is more than a little concerned that I'll start petting them and they'll end up in bed with us, too. Wish I had a Flo Control to discourage the buggers.

No comments: