Friday, January 02, 2004

Finally, Sight for Sore Eyes

I went to my free consultation at the K&M lasik clinic in Vancouver, WA this week. I'm really hoping the tech's annoying winking habit does not come with the package. They answered all my questions and put not a whit of high pressure on. Bottom line is $499/ eye. I missed the rock-botton $299/eye deal by .50 on my Rx. I asked him how a person's Rx increases their cost to allow them to justify charging more and the guy had no clue. Said it's the same procedure regardless - apparently they can just get away with charging the most to people who need it the most. Same old same ole' capitalist shit. But hey, at least they were honest about it. So I've scheduled the surgery for 2 weeks. If all goes well I won't have to wear these fucking dirty glasses for at least 10 years. Yay!!!

Had trouble sleeping last night. Things just seemed "wrong". Then I think I figured out what it was - the snow. We were in winter weather lockdown all day & I didn't go anywhere in the car; and there was no traffic going by on the road. It was freakishly quiet. We're to get more snow this weekend. Provided the weight doesn't bring down any trees or cause any structural damage to the house it's really quite nice. Curt & I aren't quite at each other's throats yet. The aminals love it. Kittlin finally figured out how to use the kitty door and goes out to play in it every hour or so then comes back in to crap out.

No comments: