Wednesday, January 28, 2004

it's singalong time!

Mom used to tell me how much I adored Mr. Roger's. I used to sit in front of the TV and reply to him just like he was sitting in my living room. Since I've been off I've become re-acquainted with my old crush. Today on his show I learned how they make toothbrushes!!! When Curt wasn't working he at least had regular M*A*S*H re-runs to keep him sane. Since we've cancelled the cable I don't have that luxury. I actually caught myself watching Barny for more than 30 seconds yesterday. On the one hand, it's kind of nice re-discovering my inner child. I actually found myself singing a little song I remember from my girlhood to Curt as a lullaby last night:

"I'm a little pile of tin,
Nobody knows what shape I'm in.
I'm no Chevy & I'm no Ford
Just 4 wheels & a running board
Honk, honk rattle rattle rattle rattle crash, beep beep
Honk, Honk! Rattle, rattle, rattle, crash beep beep!"


(Don't forget appropriate hand gestures on last 2 lines)
Which was just *so* much fun I dreamed up two other risque verses while I was drifting off:

"I'm a little pile of shit,
Nobody has a place to sit.
Driver's seat is a rusty door
Everyone else sits on the floor"
Chorus

"I'm a little pile of crap,
no seat belts, not shoulder or lap.
Windows sealed and doors weld shut
If we crash now nothing can save our butt!"
Chorus


What do you think? Maybe I could start my own children's show! On 2nd thought, maybe not. One thing's certain. If I don't get another job for months I'm in serious trouble.

No comments: