Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Nothing to see here....

Really, I'm not intending this to become a weekly blog - it's just sort of become that since I'm not working. Used to be I'd blog to give my brain a rest at work, but now, if I'm on the computer it's to check email or apply for job postings, or to play games :) Things are beginning to look really good on the job front. I've gotten several nibbles in the last couple of days which is re-affirming. One came from a referral from my old boss before Jan - it appears Jan had told her I was "laid off" and she recommended me to an accounting staffing agency. They don't normally deal with technical jobs but happened to have a short 2 - 4 weeker developing reports that I might work in. I'm waiting to hear if their client liked my resume. Then, they passed on my resume to an actual technical staffing agency they partner with who called me today. They have several Business Systems Analyst positions coming in lately and think I would be a great candidate for some of them after I re-format my resume a little. I really do like working with headhunters when I can. It's nice to get some objective, 3rd party feedback on your resume & experience - what your strengths and weeknesses are. And finally, I've got a phone interview tomorow with a software company that I applied to on Monster. So things are looking good.

No comments: