Friday, February 06, 2004

Dance of the Seven Scarves

Well, the short term contract didn't pan out. They wanted someone with experience in a specific accounting program that I, of course am unfamiliar with. But the phone interview with the software company yesterday went well, I think. I felt good about it, anyway - which probably means I won't get it :( They said they'd let me know by mid of next week.

In any event, I'm taking that old saying "dress like you've got the job you want, not the job you've got" to heart and prettying myself up a bit. Especially as this job basically entails meeting with clients - so my favorite slouchy sweater and fur-encrusted black leggings look isn't going to fly. I'm actually kind of enjoying shopping for girly stuff - interview outfits, etc. I still refuse to wear skirts, but after accepting that with my big shoulders my favorite austere "professional" wardrobe of black jackets on black pants makes me look overly masculine - I'm embracing accessories. Thanks to Curt's family who have bought me cheap jewlery the last couple of years for Christmas (not knowing I usually don't wear any) I've got a few trinkets, but I my scarf collection was woefully lacking and I do love my pretty pieces of fabric (in moderation). So I bought about a dozen or so lovelies... some at a discount Ross type store, some at the local Value Village.

No comments: